About

Welcome from the Ottawa County Patriots
Serving lakeshore area residents

Who We Are:

Located in South West MI, Ottawa County encompases Holland, Zeeland, Grand Haven, Ferrysberg, Spring Lake, Allendale, Hudsonville, and a bit of Wyoming. (hope I didn’t forget any)

We are a non-profit educational organization providing information about our form of government, the free enterprise economic system.  In particular, we address issues relating to government that affect us.

We seek to become involved in civic affairs at the local, state and national levels in order to preserve our basic rights and freedoms as American citizens. As a diverse grass-roots group of individuals, membership is open to anyone

Mission Statement: To promote awareness of Constitutional issues in the community, State, and Nation. We promote awareness through education and helping Americans understand the ramifications of current issues.

Vision Statement: To encourage Constitutional activism in our community, State, and Nation.

Action Plan: Meetings are bi-monthly to present relevant topics, inviting speakers knowledgeable on both sides of the issue.  This is unique in that no other organization in West MI dares to allow an opposing viewpoint from views held by their members.

Expressing an opposing viewpoint is not just the opportunity for an attendee to ask questions.  Rather, it is the completely equal opportunity to present his/her views and share the podium/microphone in a civil manner.

-This website provides members the opportunity to share their thoughts on recent issues.

-OCP members are encouraged to attend and/or participate in similar events outside of the county.

Affilliation: We share a common passion with Tea Party groups everywhere.  We began our group 2009, meeting at the Holland Library and even a bar restaurant before settling in at our regular venue at the Zeeland library.  Many other local and national tea party groups have a presence on the internet, providing information and education.   You may wish to register at any of these although we have no official affiliation with any other group other than a common passion for our country.

Communication: While event information is posted on this site, primary communication to members is via regular email. If you would like to be added to the e-mail list and get updates on special meetings and events planned by the Ottawa County Patriots, please click “sign up for email” on the home page.  Meeting are also posted on social media sites

NON-PARTISAN: Our Tea Party and most nationwide, are non partisan by legal definition.  As such the IRS has designated OCP as a 501-C4.  As such we do not endorse any candidate or party.  Nor are we a political party. The great majority of tea party members strongly oppose the idea of a third party.  Our goal is to raise awareness of issues and leave it to voters to insure the best, conservative candidates in both parties. “Working” means educating ourselves, understanding issues, positions and records of the candidates, so that the public can make an educated vote. Besides Ottawa County Patriots, we encourage others to check other information sourcess including,

The Mackinac Center for Public Information - http://www.mackinac.org/ also visit the Heritage Foundation. http://www.heritage.org/ and check out Drudge Report. http://drudgereport.com/

While conservatism places us closer to Republicans than Democrats, many of us are also critical of Republicans. We just want the truth, and personal character according to the Constitution. There are those who say we are an arm of the Republican Party. THEY ARE WRONG.

34 Responses to “About”

1. Ralph McGee #

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the photo of the “Romney’s Free Market vs. Obama’s Socialism” sign. It is currently making the rounds in Florida and I will forward to everyone in my address list. Good work! I wish it could be posted on every billboard in the country.

September 13, 2012 at 9:23 pm Reply
  2. Your site is great, follow along on mine

Thanks Vance

Romney/Ryan 2012 lets save our country

September 13, 2012 at 10:40 pm Reply
  3. Love this Romney vs. Socialism sign – how does one get it in Oklahoma? Does anyone know what the planned route is that it will follow? I would love to take my grandkids to have their picture taken next to it. Whomever did this is a genius AND the Romney campaign should contact them to help w/his campaign.

Blessings to Ottawa County and all the Tea partiers there – God bless us one and all.

September 17, 2012 at 11:32 pm Reply
  4. Larry Link #

Love the sign Romney vs Socialism. I have sent the email to everyone I know. Wish we could get it put up in Nebraska even though we will be a state that fully supports Romney.

September 20, 2012 at 3:53 pm Reply
  5. Dan Carey #

If you paid for that billboard, you can forget about your 501(c) status…

September 26, 2012 at 12:38 am Reply
    • jim #

First, our status is pending and although the billboards aren’t flattering to Obama, we aren’t attributing anything to him that he didn’t do or say himself. Nowhere will you find an “endorsement” of any candidate. “We report, you decide” is still considered non partisan.

October 3, 2012 at 6:23 pm Reply
  6. Kenny Nelson #

We here in Northern Rhode Island are with you folks 100%
    Regardless of our Left Wing dominated governmets, our patriotism is still as
    vibrant as it was in 1773.
    We love your website. We wish you well and will vist often. :)

September 27, 2012 at 1:36 am Reply
  7. Where is “the SW side of Mighigan”? Ottawa County?

Newly added: We are located on the SW side of Mighigan. Ottawa County encompasses Holland, Zeeland, Grand Haven, and a bit of Wyoming. (hope I didn’t leave any out)

September 29, 2012 at 10:45 pm Reply
    • It’s a real pleasure to find someone who can think like that

February 21, 2015 at 7:11 am Reply
    • I’m out of league here. Too much brain power on display!

February 23, 2015 at 8:11 pm Reply
    • In short, your spin on everything you are sepsopudly against points the finger back at you. You are so immersed in ideology that you’ve endorsed a concept that unless you kowtow to your ideology, you aren’t a real American. You’re so inundated with hate that you can’t get through a post without spewing hatred towards those that disagree with you, (even nodding to the suggestion that the President as not part of the human race). And you’ve been exposed as a proven liar on so many fronts that I don’t know where to start. And now you do all this with an admission that you’re clueless of the real issues that pertains to the debate. Man, you’re a piece of work.Bi-polar, multiple personalities, Schizo, what is it ?That paragraph is the crux of your doctrine.You want to discuss the issues ?Bull, you’re a hate monger whos every posts introduction is laced personal attack.Which simply means your argument sucks so bad you can only resort to tactics that detract personas as a distraction.Keep telling people they’re ignorant or stupid because they dont agree, see how it works out for you.

February 24, 2015 at 12:52 am Reply
    • Definitely consider that that you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be at the net the easiest factor to have in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while other folks think about concerns that they just do not recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest neatly as outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other folks could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thanks!

April 1, 2015 at 4:09 pm Reply
  8. Mary Bennett #

If by legal definition, your organizationis bi-partisan and does not endorse candidates, what are these billboards about?

Aren’t you operating outside of the scope of the definition you have laid out and threatening your non-profit status??

Just curious-

Thanks,

October 3, 2012 at 3:52 pm Reply
    • Ron #

How can telling the truth be partisan?

October 5, 2012 at 2:50 pm Reply
  9. Frank #

Jim,

Keep up the good work…. Lil Bro

October 5, 2012 at 5:25 pm Reply
  10. Larry #

I love this country! It allows groups like yours to create billboards that say stupid things and few people will say ‘WOW! This is really silly!

You have the legal right to attempt to propagate your beliefs, no matter how silly. Go forth and have a wonderful life!

I for one think you are out of you collective minds, which is not much intellectual horsepower.

October 9, 2012 at 12:53 am Reply
  11. jim #

Hello Larry and thank you for your insightful comments. Yes, Larry (or is it the other Larry or Daryl?) I’m glad the billboards caught your attention and more important, it prompted you to vent your anger. Very much like all the excuses given by team Obama for the debate, it tells me the billboards are working. When people attack, it’s a good sign that what were doing is effective.

I might ask, what exactly do you think is stupid or silly, but we both know you will never reply. You have no capability beyond name calling. “out of your minds, silly beliefs, not much intellectual horsepower”. Thanks for proving how much you are capable of providing a logically thought out response. By all means come back and show us how intelligent you are.

October 9, 2012 at 3:17 am Reply
    • I thought I’d have to read a book for a discovery like this!

February 7, 2015 at 12:26 am Reply
    • So you’re Not sure what’s in the Ryan budget, but it can’t be worse than what Obama has done to the chdliren .Patrick, your diatribe not only makes no sense but it once again exposes an abject ignorance, your usual profound bigotry, and a clear example of how any reasonable discussion with you is impossible.If you want to debate on an intelligent level about Paul Ryan and the overwhelming issue of Ryan is his budget, wouldn’t it be wise for you to know what’s in it? Is there something you’re afraid you might find? So you blindly cover your eyes with an admission of ignorance of Ryan’s budget to just spew your Liberals are evil/Obama is bad/look what he’s done to the chdliren (which is laughable as it makes no sense. I mean, please name a few policies or action that did something evil to the chdliren. Oh, wait, you probably don’t know what those policies are). You then want to prosecute Obama for reasons you can’t name and likely don’t know anything about lest he be impeached first for reasons, other than the sheer intense hatred that you expose daily, that you fail to mention as you likely don’t know anyway.Your resident troll amused me by referring to Daily Kos as being immersed in ideology, inundated with hate, and proven liars. Yet here you not only credit yourself as a mirrored image of that, but even amplify those very issues to new levels every time you hit the keyboard with an admission that bothering to understand the issues take a back seat to your ideology, hatred, and dishonesty. In short, your spin on everything you are supposedly against points the finger back at you. You are so immersed in ideology that you’ve endorsed a concept that unless you kowtow to your ideology, you aren’t a real American. You’re so inundated with hate that you can’t get through a post without spewing hatred towards those that disagree with you, (even nodding to the suggestion that the President as not part of the human race). And you’ve been exposed as a proven liar on so many fronts that I don’t know where to start. And now you do all this with an admission that you’re clueless of the real issues that pertains to the debate.

February 23, 2015 at 5:08 am Reply
  12. annette #

I think it would be a great idea to post a billboard in Ohio. It seems they dont rerad newpapers. They do not know what is going on.
    Best one: Free aarket
    Romney vs Obam

October 10, 2012 at 5:08 pm Reply
    • they’re immersed in idloeogy, inundated with hate, and are proven liars. Have you guys looked in a mirror lately? This is something I’ve proven of the you et al here on a daily bases.Oh, and to my list of how hitting voters in the wallet isn’t a good idea, I doubt that the millions of people depending on Pell grants to help with the school bills are going to be thrilled with the Ryan budget. Much like their money, they’re kinda partial to their children as well.

February 26, 2015 at 3:06 pm Reply
  13. Joana #

Are you sick people! Obama a socialist…you don’t even understand what that is.
    You are plain racists!

October 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm Reply
  14. Bob Mitchell #

Thank you for your signs.
    Better yet, your explanation of TeaParty was great and easily understood by the folks from loma linda.!>)

October 24, 2012 at 3:14 pm Reply
  15. Thanks for some other excellent post. Where else could anybody get that type of information in such an ideal means of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the search for such info.

August 16, 2014 at 7:17 pm Reply
  16. wonderful points altogether, you simply gained
    a new reader. What could you recommend about your put up that you just made some days ago?
    Any certain?

September 1, 2014 at 3:57 pm Reply
  17. You can definitely see your expertise within the work you write.
    The sector hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not
    afraid to mention how they believe. All the time follow your heart.

September 7, 2014 at 7:49 am Reply
  18. We stumbled over here coming from a different page and thought I might check things out.

I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to going over
    your web page yet again.

September 7, 2014 at 1:31 pm Reply
  19. For the kids, San Diego Zoo and Sea World are not far from the Beach Cottages.
    If you want to do nothing but rest and relax then go to a luxury hotel that has all
    the luxuries like swimming pool, spa and gym and sauna.
    Whether you are under an umbrella, splashing in the surf, or playing
    in the sand, nothing beats a day with family at the beach.

September 11, 2014 at 10:45 pm Reply
    • This pisses me off as a NJ Republican and I do not think that I am alone. I feel ctomlepely disconnected from my party now.We want a real conservative running in 2012 not some flip flopping closet massachusetts liberal!Since Christie basically rules the NJGOP with an iron fist, I now see the direction the plan on taking. I will be sitting this 2011 election out for sure. Clearly none of the NJGOP supported Republicans are the types of conservatives that we should have running our government.And to think, if the Governor had just worried about staying home and working on NJ issues for the next month I would have come out and voted for the GOP in the 2011 election. Now I don’t have to waste my time.

February 19, 2015 at 10:56 pm Reply
    • Thanks for writing such an easy-to-understand article on this topic.

March 31, 2015 at 2:18 am Reply
    • Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You definitely know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

March 31, 2015 at 2:33 am Reply
  20. My brother suggested I might like this website. He was entirely right.
    This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how
    much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

September 21, 2014 at 4:02 am Reply
  21. Excellent way of explaining, and good article to obtain data concerning my
    presentation focus, which i am going to deliver in institution of higher education.

October 18, 2014 at 9:42 pm Reply